Monday, December 10, 2007

Tired Of Politics As Usual

Oprah Winfrey campaigned for Barack Obama on Saturday, telling the audience at a packed arena in Des Moines, Iowa, that she is "so tired" of the status quo in Washington:

"You know I've never done this before and it feels like I'm out of my pew," Winfrey told the crowd. "I'm nervous."

Without mentioning Obama's chief rival, Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-N.Y.), by name, Winfrey made a vigorous case against her. Winfrey said she is concerned that "if we continued to do the same things over and over and over again, I know that you get the same results."
You can watch the entire speech in the following videos.





Conventional wisdom says that endorsements don't matter. Oprah's support of Obama just might demonstrate that conventional wisdom isn't always right. Oprah's "so tired" of the status quo theme is a play on Iowa polls finding that Iowa Democrats are tilting toward change over experience and leadership.

No comments: