Monday, April 14, 2008

Obama Makes It Personal

NBC/NJ's Aswini Anburajan and NBC's Mark Murray report that Obama launched a personal attack against Hillary:

Shame on her! She knows better!
Obama was speaking to steel workers, when he launched into a personal attack against Hillary for going after Obama's San Francisco comments demeaning small town America:
[T]hey cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.
In his attack on Hillary, Obama questioned her commitment to the 2nd Amendment, saying that Hillary's support of the right to bear arms was politics and said Hillary was trying to appear like "Annie Oakley."
"Now, I have to admit that I expected some of this out of John McCain. John McCain said I was out of touch, he said I was being condescending and elitist, 'people aren't bitter.'"

[. . .]

"So I expected this out of John McCain. But I've gotta say, I'm a little disappointed when I start hearing the exact same talking points coming out of my Democratic colleague Hillary Clinton. She knows better. She knows better! Shame on her! Shame on her! She knows better!"

"She's running around talking about how this is an insult to sportsmen, how she values the 2nd Amendment, she's talkin like she's Annie Oakley! Hillary Clinton's out there like she's on the duck blind every Sunday. She's packin' a six shooter! C'mon! She knows better. That's some politics being played by Hillary Clinton! I want to see that picture of her out there in the duck blinds. Haha. Ya know, c'mon. When Hillary Clinton says I'm out of touch I just have to remind people of the track record."


You can watch Obama's personal attack against Hillary in the following video supplied by the Obama campaign:



I strongly disagree with Obama. His San Francisco comments are demeaning to small town America. As I said before, we cling to guns and religion, but not out of bitterness. Small town America clings to guns and religion because of tradition.

Once again, Obama demonstrates that his new kind of politics is nothing but nothing more than the old politics as usual.

The more vicious and personal Hillary's and Obama's attacks become, the more Democrat deserters will vote for Senator McCain in November.

No comments: