Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Brownback Becomes A Girl Scout

Presidential candidate, Senator Sam Brownback became an honorary Girl Scout yesterday when he visited a group of Scouts and talked to them about following their dreams:

"A dream is a big thing, and it's a special dream that's just yours," he said. "But a lot of times people talk themselves out of their own dreams."

[. . .]

The Scouts gave Brownback a commemorative song book, a sing-along badge, a lapel pin and a framed certificate of membership into the Girl Scouts.
It won't do anyone any harm if Brownback takes his membership seriously and abides by the Girl Scout Promise and Law:
Promise
On my honor, I will try:
To serve God and my country,
To help people at all times,
And to live by the Girl Scout Law.

Law
I will do my best to be Honest and fair, Friendly and helpful, Considerate and caring, Courageous and strong, and Responsible for what I say and do, And to respect myself and others, respect authority, use resources wisely, make the world a better place, and be a sister to every Girl Scout.
Also posted at Examining Presidential Politics and California Yankee.

No comments: