Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Bill Richardson Lopez

Bill Richardson goes bipolar:

In the heartland of America he is just Gov. Bill Richardson. But in big Hispanic states like California the Democratic U.S. presidential hopeful tells voters he is also a Lopez.

"California has a lot of Hispanic voters and they don't know I'm Hispanic," said Richardson, governor of New Mexico and son of a Mexican woman named Lopez.

[. . .]

"I am saying 'It's Bill Richardson Lopez and I am one of you and I would like you to consider me, not because I am Hispanic but because I have the best program for the country'," he told Reuters in an interview late on Monday.
Suitably Flip reminds us that Mr. Richardson Lopez has pondered this pandering for 27 years.

Richardson - vote for me because I'm Hispanic - so disappointing.

No comments: